View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Reading on another thread about trespassers and a new member make a smart aleck comment that it must be city folk or acreage folk if they are trespassing.

Folks, if this is how you think, you best get a grip on reality. Living in the country does not make you a saint and likewise living in the city does not make you a jerk.

These comments are divisive in the very worst way and won't be tolerated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
To sns2's point also, there's tons of country folk currently living the cities. When it comes down to it, were all just residing on planet called Earth.
Agreed x2. I’ve always wondered why the “citiot” type comments were so prevalent. They are not accurate as a generalization and are blindly divisive. I equally dislike any “yokel” comments I hear, again foolish and inaccurate.

My experience is that Alberta has a special western cultural heritage where the country and city dwelling folk celebrate and respect both worlds.

Alberta is also a place where a lot of people spend a good amount of time in both settings, coming to appreciate the best of both (and loathe the worst of both).

We need to stick together, not look for reasons to divide into “us” and “them”.

Happy hunting this fall!