View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 09:12 PM

If you want to be really serious about tires and get durability and peace of mind you could do what I did on my last trailer that was like yours.
I assume you have 15” tires. You can buy four(or 5 if you want the spare to match perfectly) 16” rims for under $100 a piece and get Michelin XPS rib tires on them. These are ST tires that ARE RV rated, don’t have the 65mph limit, have a higher load capacity and a good deep tread that last a long time.
I kid you not, I ran one set of these on my last 30’ trailer for 8 years, never had a flat(good quality tires and tread ply helps this), never lost air pressures over winter and had about 75,000kms on them when I sold the trailer and they still had 3/8” tread depth. It was the best thing I ever did for my peace of mind and enjoyment going down the hiway constantly watching the mirrors for a bomb to go off and destroy the siding on the trailer and not having to worry about over speeding them or overloading them. Now I just have to help everyone else change tires on the road when there china bombs go off. Keep the originals in covered storage and put them back on when you sell the trailer and put the good ones on the next trailer.
I’ve got one buddy converted last year after his new supposedly good quality China bombs had two blowouts in one trip to Manitoba. So he bought 8 tires in one summer.
Got my sister finally converted this spring as well so that I don’t have to change and watch her tires while we travel.
I always cover the tires even in between trips during the summer.
Sorry, a little long winded but I hate seeing people waste money on junk tires and ruin there holidays.
https://m.michelin.ca/CA/en/tires/products/xps-rib.html