View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Are mandatory surveys going to be accurate? Lots of talk about people fudging numbers now that they know what's on the horizon. In some WMUs, one or two people not telling the truth could totally skew the numbers. We have 6-7 years of data already, including some very extensive telephone surveys.....I can't see the results changing a lot......if people are honest answering the questions that is. Truthfully, I'd trust the data more from earlier a lot more than what might come in the next few years. There was no motive to fudge them before.

Why didn't anyone ask for this type of scrutiny when the elk and moose draws were announced??????
What makes you think that these same "extensive telephone surveys"(which I have never met anyone who did one) are only the honest people on the other end? You have asshats answering them no matter what. If a mandatory program is instituted it must include a write up about the importance of them so that accurate harvest/tag numbers are instituted. This hopefully will smarten a few of them up.

I would rather have a large sample with a few screwing around than a small sample with a few bad apples. Larger samples = better accuracy.