View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetiseeker View Post
Blair - I agree that our fisheries are in a such a poor state that something needs to be done. I am so sad to see how poor decisions are now catching up with us and change needs to happen now or everything is at risk.

Don't you think it's time to get our government to act and drive solutions out to groups other than us anglers. They control the anglers because we don't have the funds to fight back.

Big companies have deep pockets. They spend millions of dollars fighting in court so legislation doesn't make them repair the damage they have caused. The millions spent in court is spare change to them when compared to the possible multi-millions they would need to spend, should the government legislate the maintenance on roads used for exploration and development of the resources. Make them repair and maintain the fragmentation our biologists speak of.

So, I am in agreement with may aspects of what they are trying to do - just not the groups they are targeting.
It doesn’t sound like you heard the same messages that I did. I heard and read that the program is focused on habitat as well...repairing or replacing culverts, fixing sediment inputs, etc.