Thread: metis info
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
@Jamie- your going off the deep end. So this guys not a friend but you happen to talk to him often so you can report back. You see him often enough that you guys stay in touch and you know all of his family. You guys get to chatting often enough that you hold his metis card in your hand.

You know him well enough that you know his genealogy better then he does.

This doesnt sound like a stranger or some random dude to me....

It seems you know your friend very well. Heck you guys seem to stay in touch often just like friends do... when you know someone's genealogy as good as you do that would make him.... a friend.

As others have said if hes not actually metis then hes not going to be able to harvest anything. But let's not let facts get in the way. We see how that goes for you.
A spouse who has the harvesting letter from the Alberta government ie the currant harvest agreement but does not have the ability’s to be able to harvest can get permission for a spouse to do it for them but the card holder must be present. They do not get their own card until linage is proven. Anyone who says they do is either mis informed or lying. You can not fake your way into getting a card, when I got mine I was one of the first, all my information was then filed by MNA which was then expanded on when other family members provided additional information on the same linage, and so on, you can not get this information from MNA as they deem it their own due to it being sent to them. As was implied by other posts that you can lie your way into a card is a pure lie as all information is checked against other supplied information on that particular linage from other family members, hope this clears up some things