View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
If it was north of RR 60 it was Ken Steinbru’s cabin, he owns that line. He said he fixed the cabin and had it broken into so many times he gave up and just drives out from his house to trap.
Mine was west of the Hilltop lake road. It was a bigger log cabin with a covered porch, but no lake or pound around.
There’s another cabin off RR92 on crown land that is beside a big beaver pond. It’s an A frame that’s been there for years, I don’t know how F&W hasn’t burned it, but it’s been used the last 10 years since I found it on my line.
Iirc it was a little log cabin with small front porch. Door was unlocked way back then. Had a sign on the front identifying it as part of a trap line...name on it started with a O if memory serves. Cute little place. It had a really nice beaver pond or something of the sort close by. I found it snow shoeing years back but never went back. I just recall it being a cool place to hike out to. Pretty sure it wasn't out west of hill top lake although I have hunted that area a bit. Years back the Snake MT rd ( west side off RR60 right at the top of the hill around all the towers) was driveable by truck and you could get a ways in. Now a quad will get in but you'd need some serious off road recovery stuff to get a truck in there.