View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrown View Post
I was on the base the last couple days as a helper and I had a great time. We took a nice 155-160ish class mule deer the second evening, he was the biggest buck we had seen. There are bigger bucks in there but we just didn't find them. There is a rumor there is a big boy living in one of the zones that is closed today.

We hunted in the annex the first two days and seen a few deer, moose and elk. My biggest recommendation is GET OUT OF YOUR TRUCK! When you get off the roads a couple hundred of yards there is tons of sign! Lots of people are just cruising the trails.

Also if you don't have good tires or a truck with enough weight don't take your truck into the hills. Quite a few guys were getting stuck down in the bottoms and couldn't get back out.

If you think you are going on this hunt and you are going to shoot a monster buck, you might be disappointed. I'm not say they aren't there but they aren't over every hill either. It is what you make of it, we got out of the truck and hiked for hours and didn't see any other hunters once we got away from the roads. Every one we met were super friendly and everyone was helping each other. If you go into it with a positive attitude you will have a good time.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Congrats on your mulie! Nothing wrong with a 160” buck at all!