View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Gone Hunting

Default Missing photos

Posted on behalf of elkamaholic, as he had problems linking his photos.

I just hope I got the photos in the right places. I forgot to ask where they ought to go so I fudged it and guessed.

Opps

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkamaholic View Post
First real season of trying to figure out the coyote hunting. Picked up a cheap savage combo in .243 during the holiday season to be my dedicated coyote rig, later to become my boy's first deer rifle. (That's if I don't shoot the barrel out of it first, he's only 3).

The season started off pretty good with this little girl at 200 yds+ on an excursion with Doorguy.

We soon had things figure out and started stacking them up with good mornings out like this one:

As newly self-described "experts" we wanted to encourage all our fellow Peace Country hunters to get out and dust off their own coyote rifles. We organized an event soon to be dubbed the Dirty Dawg Coyote Derby and this was the result
I am pretty confident it will become an annual event since everyone had a blast.

We learned a lot about calling coyotes over the season and I had some fun taking some other friends out to introduce them to the sport. Spring has hit the Peace now so I think the fur quality is going to drop off soon. This big boy may well be my season closerHe did the classic stop, drop and roll with a single running shot at just over 100yds. What a great way to end the season.