View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_hunter View Post
This might stir the pot, but, why does everyone here care so much if a person purchased a tag just before or just after taking an animal?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I bet the money the government receives from tag purchases goes into general coffers.(same location the carbon tax you pay for goes into) How many of you purchased tags and never filled them in the past? Kind of felt like a tax didn't it... The government keeps taking more, taxing more; someone show me how this has translated into improved hunting opportunities and game management. Maybe I am just unaware.

Sure, impose a 24hr rule, but let's see the income generated from outdoorsmen and women go to good use, for a change.
Because enforcement of non licensed poachers would be an impossible task. All it would take is someone not buying a license, killing an animal, "forgetting" to buy the tag (which in your world would be ok) depositing in the freezer and getting out there and killing another. Pre-purchased licensing is the only way to keep some semblance of accountability.