View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Also, don't personal circumstances have something to do with it? I keep hearing that nobody can raise a family on minimum wage, so should we pay parents more?
How about we just let the market decide what jobs are worth, and people that need more can get a better job?
I see the same thing a lot, and any time the "living wage" or "affordable rent" type topics come up locally it is always the people who pop out 3 to 5 kids before they are 25 years old and have even attempted to pursue a career. Then it is whining that the government doesn't do enough for them to "raise their family", while the same day posting wanted ads on Facebook looking for the newest iPad.

How can I raise a family on minimum wage?

If you know you can only swim 5 laps in a pool before becoming exhausted, would you try swimming across a mile wide lake with no help around?

If you have enough gas in your car to go 200km, would you try driving 400km in a rural area, at night, in January?

Both seem like pretty stupid questions to answer yes to. And yet neither are much different than having children when you know you can't afford them. And people just keep on doing it. I find it pretty baffling.

Last edited by Nova; 06-26-2017 at 05:41 PM.