View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I didn't watch the game, so don't know who to believe, but TSN would appear to disagree with you.

"MOSCOW — Croatia's legs seemed heavy, burdened by the accumulated toll of consecutive penalty-kicks wins needed to get this far. England had gone ahead with a free kick just five minutes in, dominated play and appeared headed to its first World Cup final since 1966."

They did indicate Croatia's play significantly improved following the half though.
TSN? lol - yeah ....... I'd watch the game .... you mean the two English commentators said England dominated the game? you mean the Englishmen might favour England? I am stunned at your accusations.

Here are the FIFA OFFICIAL MATCH STATISTICS .......

In 120 minutes of play England recorded ONLY 1 (one) shot on target.

Their only shot, and only goal, came from this one shot from a set piece.

They were unable to muster even one shot on target, in live play, for 120 minutes. Not one.

They made 11 attempts at target, Croatia made 22.

Croatia hit the net 6 times in live play, England none.

Croatia controlled the corners.

Croatia was ahead on possession.

I'm not sure which game these Brits were watching. Perhaps through Rose coloured glasses.

I'd say you watch the game. You will see what I mean. The match may have looked closer to the "average spectator" but it started relatively balanced and just got worse and worse for the organisation, control and execution for England. They basically were competitive but couldn't make anything happen and were absolutely no threat.

Sure they moved the ball, sure they weren't outclassed, but they did very little. Another England lack luster performance in my opinion.

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matche...tch-statistics

Last edited by EZM; 07-11-2018 at 07:17 PM.