View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Ok let's turn this around like you said.... I treat the gun as loaded and never point it in an unsafe direction. Just like the training taught us, I'm safe not stupid and I don't assume that because it's unloaded that I can ignore the other safety rules. Except that I'm not relying on a mechanical doodad for the just in case part where I fall or whatever might happen.

No one can realistically argue that a firearm is "safer" on safe than without one in the tube. That's an argument that falls flat pretty quick.
OK, because you're not stupid perhaps you have all the statistics then. Please tell us, are more people killed or injured every year by a loaded firearm on safe during a fall or "whatever", or by a firearm that someone would swear in a court of law was empty? And that same "someone" in a surprising number of the cases you can find on the internet has even had military training which is higher level of firearms training than a lot of people get.

While you're at it, please direct me to the post in this thread where someone said a firearm on safe is safer than one without one in the tube. Or even someone's best memory that there isn't one in the tube.

Not speaking about anyone in particular, but some people do think they're perfect and never make mistakes and that's what gets people killed.