View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 09:03 AM

I would agree to start with a pellet grill VS a stick or charcoal for the ease of use. Don't rule out the WIFI option as it allows you to do so many other things while the meat is cooking and without having to lift the lid the check on things. I never thought I would use something like that as Im a non techy guy but once I tried it, I use it a lot, especially on long cooks. We are a busy family though with kids on the go so that is a factor. When my kids are gone and I have all the time in the world to babysit a fire, that's when I will go back to a stickburner/charcoal smoker.
There are so many brands out there, Louisianna Grills, GMG, Traegar, PitBoss,Cabelas, RECTEQ (my favorite). I recommend going bigger than the little tailgate versions if you ever want to cook more than one thing (sides, appetizers etc) I can do about 6lbs of jerky on my 700sq in with 2nd rack, those little tailgate smokers I don't know if you could do 2 lbs of meat. Think pepperoni sticks, chicken wings (takes up allot of grill space. 2 spatchcocked chickens would need the bigger grill. Also consider warranty and one with wheels if you plan to move it around.