View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 07:23 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Hahahaha. Yes but won’t it be tears of joy?

To the OP;
I would recommend just about any larger brand of pellet smoker if you are into convenience.

If you want more of an old school experience that is still fairly easy, any larger brand ceramic Komodo.

I’d stay away from true stick-burners unless you are sure you want to commit a lot of time to master it.
But soooooo worth it! lol!

Seriously though, I stick burnered everything for years and really enjoy it and always pushed the mindset that anything else is just cheating, but even I have succumbed to the pellet smoker. I smoke so often that I just can't justify having to monitor the heat so religiously and never sleep. The pellet grill isn't quite as aggressive smoke wise, but it is still more than pleasing (actually more pleasing to many) and definitely gives a guy his time back to be able to do something other than just watching temperatures all day long. It is also so much simpler to guarantee a problem free cook.

There is something to be said for making amazing bbq mid week while still doing my job and answering e-mails or mowing the lawn or watching a movie with the better half or anything else. I still love firing up the stick burner now and again but pellet has given me more time back for the daily stuff!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23