View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
So a fur buyer can only buy a fur and not whole coyote but can I not pay someone to skin it for me?
Can I not sell the fur to that same person if they have the appropriate paperwork?
A person with a Fur Buyers permit can legally buy the fur, parts of and/or the whole coyote. You can also pay someone to process the pelt for you (ie skin, flesh, dry). If the person processing your yote has a Fur Buyers Permit you can most definitely sell the yote to him......but why wouldn't you just sell him the yote in the first place?

The funny part about the regs for me is that I haven't seen anywhere where it says that it's illegal to sell fur or whole animals to someone that doesn't have a permit.......similar to someone selling a rifle having to make sure that the buyer has a PAL. I guess that the onus is strictly on the buyer to make sure that he has the permit. I don't know all of the regs so something about it may be in there, but I haven't seen it.

The bottom line is that you need a Fur Buyers Permit to buy yotes whether they are skinned or whole.