View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBark View Post
Lithiums are good, but $4 ea, and toss them when they get down to 1.5 V, can be pricey. (1.8V new)
Sanyo / Panasonic eneloop AA rechargeables is the way to go, even at -20, not too good colder tho.
I run them in 20 cams, no problems.

TBark
Hey Tbark you should read the Trailcampro page on the testing the did with batteries. You are incorrect regarding the voltages though. Just to clarify Energizer lithiums start at 1.6v... you dont toss them at 1.5 V that is the close to what they run at for the life of the battery.

I dont disagree on the price, it is hard to stomach.. Lithium are far better than any rechargeable battery to have your cams run at close the peak performance for the life of the battery, and having brighter night time picutres.. Any of the rechargeables I know about drop very quickly from 1.5 down to 1.2 volts for their charge cycle. which means your camera will be running less than peak performance on rechargeables.

This was taken directly from their site and from the test:

Lithium batteries offer some very interesting benefits. To start, lithium batteries produce 1.6 volts/cell, or as we like to say “They run hot”. Just as decreasing voltage produces weaker flash characteristics, increased voltage produces a stronger flash with brighter pictures.

We are noticing about a 10% increase in flash range when using lithium bats. In addition, starting out with the higher 1.6 voltage is like installing an auxiliary gas tank in your vehicle. Lithium batteries will increase the amount of time your camera can stay in the field, many times by multiple months."