View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 12:58 AM

Default Standard Beginner Post

Hi all,

So, I've been out with a few friends and done enough to catch the fever that is hunting and, more specifically, bow hunting. What I do know in my limited experience is that I can kill, gut, skin and process game and not get the least bit queasy. So that's out of the way.

That said, I'm a full blown beginner and I've only shot a few different bows, but I'm convinced I'm hooked on the analysis, pre-season and time commitment required.

My first question is (and Google failed me on this) what needs to be done to bow hunt in Alberta after doing your PAL and AHEIA (both of which I've done). I'm told PAL may not even be required.

Secondly and lastly, the Alberta public land ranges seem vast and complicated. Not at all asking for sweet spots, but wondering if there are any folks out there willing to share general info on how a beginner hunter should analyze all the resources and WMUs in order to determine where to go set a cam and possibly hunt.

I know this is laughable for most of you on this forum, but I appreciate your insight!

St