Thread: Cold lake
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 08:13 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetiseeker View Post
58th - can't say as I agree with your assumption. I really do think the Lakers in Cold are terrible to eat. Go north and consume some of the 3 lbers and you'll see they are good to eat. But the 8+ lbers from Cold - bleh!!

I don't comment to distract others from a fishery. I think the fishing there is great. I just wont ever take another fish from there.

If you want to consume a fish from there - that's your prerogative and within the limits established. I'm just saying to others that if you cant find legal sized fish, not to worry as you're not missing anything.

Enjoy the catching is my message.
What ? Don't agree? Jeepers! I agree with you, wee ones taste the best but I was just telling it how it is, maybe, I fish therefore I lie...a bit

Well if you want to eat a slab of char...not trout....char best prep the so called keepers by trimming off the belly fat, I call it the wallmart sag, filet them, lots of seasoning, onions etc and cook on the BBQ on a piece of lovely cedar, add lemon juice, herds, garlic,...thats very good table fare right there...
Or chuck the char on the smoker exactly as described above less the cedar plank....you can wipe the drool off your chin now

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...