View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 08:59 PM

Default Hunting Partner

I am a 70 year old male and a serious hunter. I have had many hunting partners over the years and have been in a number of hunt gangs in Ontario, where party hunting is allowed. I have been in Alberta since 1980 and have
hunted deer, elk, or moose in most of the foothills MMUs from Coleman in the south to Valleyview in the North. Unfortunately, every one I have hunted with has either died off or moved away. I have been hunting deer by myself for the
last 10 or so years but A) it is not as much fun as when you have company,
B) my wife is concerned that I might hurt myself or have a medical emergency
while deep in the bush or camping by myself in places where no one knows where to find me, or C) I can not hunt anything larger than a deer or anything away back off a road because I am just not as strong as I used to be. I am retired so I am able to go almost any time. I have a complete inventory of camping and hunting supplies including a 4x4 and a RV trailer, if needed. I do not care how old or experienced you are as long as you are serious about hunting. I do enjoy a couple of beer in the evening but do not allow any drinking during the hunting day. I am a firm believer in gun safety and safety in general. If you would be interested in learning more, do not hesitate to reply. By the way, I live in Calgary but have had hunting partners in Edmonton and elsewhere.