View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I'm not going to take into account percentage of cap space when the deal was signed as that would take some time. I expect your interested to see if I'll take you bait and waste minutes of my day, and I wasn't going to, but what the heck. Here is my list, players who make less than Draisaitl who, if playing with McDavid, I believe would be more productive than LD:

-Rantanen;
-Mackinnon;
-Landeskog;
-Seguin;
-M. Granlund;
-Johansen;
-Forsberg;
-O'Reilly;
-Tarasenko;
-Wheeler;
-Scheifele;
-Connor;
-Laine;
-Gaudreau;
-Lindholm;
-Tkachuk;
-Pettersson;
-Horvat;
-Marchessault;
-Pastrnak;
-Marchand;
-Bergeron;
-Skinner;
-Huberdeau;
-Dadonov;
-Barkov;
-Domi;
-Stone;
-Duchene;
-Kucherov;
-Point;
-Marner;
-Matthews;
-Nylander;
-Aho;
-Panarin;
-Hall;
-Barzal;
-Giroux;
-Voracek;
-Kessel;
-Kuznetsov;
-Backstrom; and,
-Wilson.

I left out guys who are having pretty good years, such as Monahan, Atkinson, Meir who have 30+ plus points, but would be debatable.
Thats a long list. Some of those player must have signed a contract in the 2017. Of those that signed in 2017, how many had 75+ points the season prior to signing? And how many on that list with 3-4 years NHL experience would sign tomorrow for less than 9 million?

There is a strong possibility that several of the players on the list would play better with McDavid than Draisaitl, but the Oilers don't own the right to those players. My argument is Draisaitl's contract is not as bad as everyone thinks and in the long run (because it is an 8 year contract) it will to good for the Oilers.

Headed to the Oilers thread, that is where the action is tonight!