Thread: Coyote worth.
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 09:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Good work Dave! Ones like that I have a problem getting everything lined up right, always seem to end up with a bit extra in one place.

Do you start at the points or intersections or just go from one end to the next?
The first thing that I do is wet the fur and move it away from the cut so i’m Not dealing with fur where i’m Sewing. For a jagged rip like this I lay it out and plan what goes where. I start at one end and keep checking that things line up as I sew and adjust my stitches as needed. It’s hard to explain without actually doing it and explaining as I go. There are lots of little tricks that I learned from putting up shot dogs. Do enough of them and it gets easier and quicker to do a good job.

I sewed two more tonight. One ripped about 12” when I was turning it fur out this morning the other only had about 4” of hide behind the ears holding the head on. The stitches looked similar to what’s in the picture and you’d have a very hard time feeling the stitches through the fur even if you knew where they were. Time consuming though.