Thread: Ford or Dodge?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Did they finally fix the weak cylinder problem? My son's 12 let go at 121,000 #5. A member on this board is selling a 13 with #4 gone. It is well documented on all the forums but may be fixed now on the new ones?
I haven't heard of the issues with the 5L. And I'd imagine any kinks in the engine have been dealt with as it's getting fairly old now.

If you look at the issues with the 3.5 EB, the 5L looks like a better bet if youre planning to keep the truck long term.

The most reliable engine you can buy is the 5.3L GM, it's been around for right around 20 years now and is still going strong. The Chev's are a great truck, but dont have as much room in the back. Which would be the reason I'd look at the Ford truck. The other reason would be the dealership. Have been treated well by the local Ford dealership. Dont have to many good things to say about the GM dealers Ive dealt with.

As for the the Dodge, they just seem to be built cheap, which I dont like when your putting down that much money for a truck. I'd consider the diesels, but I'd imagine the OP is looking at half tons. For me Ford and GM are the clear winners in that segment.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill