Thread: Ford or Dodge?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 07:24 AM
Banned

dodge

i have a little over 100k on a 2014 1500 4x4 with the 3.6 pentastar and 8-speed auto and 121 liter fuel tank, 3:55 axle ratio, 7200 lb tow rating

anyone else see 1000k on a tank highway? Fuel light came on, Oh and i only put 100 liters in it when i filled up, exactly 10.0 l/100 on that tank hand calculated, all empty, all highway from calgary to osoyoos and several runs from vernon to penticton while there, fill up was eventually in penticton

my city tanks run in the 13's in the winter, i drive fast, 4x4 lots when snow on the ground and still don't look for gas stations till about 600 kms on tank in town and 1/4 full, in the summer city tanks run in the 12's

most of my highway tanks in the 11's but as i mentioned i drive fast, usually around 130 on highway, and fyi with this 8 spd and axle ration is exactly 2000 rpm...you get killer mileage if you do near the speed limits

my tank coming back from okanogen to revelstoke was about 8.9 l/100, but was super chill, no speeding and a lot of it just under 100 km/h, by the time i got home and let her buck through the mountains that tank averaged 10.1 hand calculated

besides range this has been my fav truck to date, that pentastar 8spd combo is the shizzle, much quicker than the 13 suburban ltz 5.3v8 6spd i hated that thing and it cost twice as much

simple vehicle, no turbo's, no dpf fluid exhaust systems, should have this one for 20 years...still a love affair at year 4

best riding and handling half ton also, the one most voted to be in for a cross country trip by the mags, and nearly as good a front seat comfort as my 08 tundra (most comfy long distance truck i've had so far, the gm was terrible and i rented a ford for a weekend just to see...no comparison)

i'd get another in a heartbeat

downside...they little bit cheesy white oakley tap out shirt looks but if you can get past that it's the 1/2 ton to have, really liking the additional class they added to the brand new ones just rolling out now