View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
What some are doing is trying to read between the lines of the act.
As already stated by some one else above the laws are written to be vague to allow some leeway either way. But they do have some written that will always be interpreted by the court as the way it is written with no other interpretation.

The laws are also written with lumping in multiple sections together causing confusion. Many would either not notice or misread the section.

I posted one section where it says must be used at a range etc.
If that is wrong then shown the documention stating you are allowed to target shoot at your house with restritced firearms. I am.curious.
I can't show you documentation saying it's legal, thankfully that's not how the law works in Canada. The laws are written to govern, restrict or prohibit certain activities or objects. Take those e-cig things for example. When they first came out people were using them in bars because there were no laws against this. Legislation was soon passed to restrict their use so now you have to use them in the same manner as cigarettes.

I can't provide any legislation allowing this topic we've been going back and forth about. I also can't find any legislation prohibiting it either.

Some people believe that your house/dwelling includes your entire property but the definition of house/dwelling is clearly laid out in Section 2 of the criminal code. It does not include your entire property. There is also confusion about the language "AT the house/dwelling" some people are construing that to mean at the address, not IN the house/dwelling. In French it is DANS which is "IN" the house/dwelling. Food for thought. Anyways at the end of the day we are all subject to these poorly worded & illogical laws and we should be doing as much as we can to enact change and have these bad laws replaced with common sense legislation.