Thread: Security Cam's
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 01:00 PM

When were broke into earlier in year I was away for the day (Calgary gun show), and the rest of the family was away for the day/night. A "service type" truck had parked on the road all day watching the property. They also parked in the yard and proceeded to walk the property and look in every window and try every door. Many neighbours had driven by, seen the truck in the yard, but figured I was getting "service" work of some sort done. I returned home after the show to quickly grab my work truck and headed to a work emergency that took me off property for 1.5 hours. In that 1.5 hour span a second truck went to my property, broke in and stole many $$$ of stuff. I figured I missed them by 15 minutes as it was snowing hard and the tracks were still fresh.

This was not a professional job, although it was an organized group that have been spotted throughout the remaining year. They are opportunists. I now have physical barriers and multiple motion sensor lights. I am now adding cameras to the list. If I had a camera that would have alerted me to people/vehicles on the premises I would have had a neighbour come over. Hence, I am looking for a camera system that provides alerts and real time viewing.

Regarding Arlo, I have read that batteries do not last long in the cold and that is why I am looking for a plug in camera for outside use. Arlo did have a plug in cord but I understand they were removed from the market due to "problems". I do not know if they have a new plug in available for market. I will look into wyze.

Thank you.