Thread: Security Cam's
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
Don't waste your money, they are good for nothing.

If you think a meth head cares about a camera you are sorely mistaken and the footage is as useless as the cameras themselves.

Spent the money on better locks and physical barriers.
There is a lot of truth behind this comment. My brother and I both have Nest cams. So my brothers neighbor rings his doorbell and asks if he could check his cams from the previous day as his house was broken into. My brother takes a look and it shows two guys walking down the street and there faces can be seen as they walk up the neighbors driveway. Neighbor is happy camper now. The cops come and he mentions my brothers cameras show the dirt bags faces. Cops come over take a look and tell the neighbor to just get a hold of his insurance. Then they give him his police report number for insurance and leave.

Alarm systems - Calgary police do not respond to these anymore. But I do have to pay them a "permit" fee for having them. ADT gives me an option if the alarm goes off I can pay a fee and they will send there security and also contact the police. I say sign me up. Then 6 month later I am in Red Deer heading back to Calgary when I get a call that the front door alarm at my shop has gone off. I tell them send the cops and security. I get to Calgary and drive across the city and arrive at my shop. I have beaten the cops and security to my shop. Even though it ended up being a faulty sensor I would have paid the fee for the false alarm.

The system has let us down as a society.

Dodger.