View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I'm really not understanding how you can "group" 5 shots on 5 different targets, particularly when they are set at different distances.

I'm not an expert, but having trouble understanding how this exercise validates consistency of your rifle/load.

Nice thing is, I might learn something here. Very curious what the result tells you.
Only one target. If you can only hit a target at one range then either your ammo is not consistent or your abilities are off. If you know your load, rifle and capabilities you should be able to hit the same spot on a target at all 5 yardages.

My goal is to be able to hit the same spot on a target at all 5 ranges, something I've had difficulty with past 300 yrds

On my target I learned that :
1) a 3-4 mph wind affects my .204ruger bullet by 1.7 inches at only 200yrds which I didn't think it would because it's a fast round. I still need to check that my zero is correct and it wasn't just off by 1.5 inches. My confusion here is my 100 yard shot was further left than expected also. I'm still learning.🙂
2) I need more work at 500 yards.
3) I was able to hit the same vertical line at 200, 300 and 400 yards with only the wind effecting my poi. Once I get a wind meter I can start to adjust for wind also but one step at a time. To be honest I'm happy to hit paper at 500 right now.
4) For factory ammo this stuff shoots amazing out of my rifle.