View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerguy View Post
Do outfitters have to repurchase their allocations? If so, how often? If not, then the allocations for the majority of outfitters have been paid back ten fold. I understand the frustration, but times have changed. If I need to wait 5 years to draw a tag then someone outside of Alberta should not be able to jump informs of me for a few thousand unless I have that same opportunity.

Also, why could the outfitter not guide people who draw the tag? Lots of places in the US do that, you wait 2-15 years, draw the tag and go with an outfitter.

We could easily get rid of the hunter host program and make it so anyone who does draw a tag and is not an Alberta resident needs to hire an outfitter to hunt.

The outfitter, now with no non res tags for draw animals can offer his services to residents and market with them.
***Edit***

I honestly hope that you are not in business for yourself

As for the rest of it, if your opinion reflects what Joe Albertan is thinking these days then God help the guys still outfitting in Alberta. I am so glad I made the move when I did

When a level of greed reaches a point where 90% isn't enough, 100% wouldn't make a difference. You'll just turn on each other then