View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar270 View Post

As for all those who think the pro handgun hunting side should be providing stats, that is not how freedom works. I want to do something, you don't want me to. The onus is upon you to demonstrate why I should not be able to do it. I don't need to show a need for something I want to do, nor do I have to show it's safe. You have to show me that it's dangerous, and that that danger effects you.

If we truly believe in freedom, we don't ban things we don't like, we don't ban things we don't want, we only ban behaviors that harm each other, and then we should punish those who harm eachother. If someone isn't an ethical hunter, I don't care what tool they use, they should be removed from the hunting fraternity. A handgun hunter who uses a 38 spl revolver at 200 yards is no less ethical then someone using a 30-30 at 600 yards.
I believe we need to know what they are going to try to use as an argument so we can counter it. But from what I have seen, some of these people make up stats or pull them from their rectum. Either way they are bunk, but get eaten by the Liberal Media.

I have been vocal about wanting to see some kind of testing for handgun hunting, but my reason is because I know that is what the other side will demand. So if I already have a plan for their argument, it cuts down their momentum, and shows that they truly are ignorant.