View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
She did not have to lie. That is the entire point.
The initial story is still unclear on her situation regarding her first hunting license. That will come out in court.
My comment was meant to clarify the (perceived) general misconception that if someone can get away with fraudulently obtaining their first license, they are free and clear to purchase further licenses. They are not.

I purchased my first hunting license a few years before the requirements changed in 1987. When the WIN card was implemented years later, I remember being asked to show proof of having completed my Hunter Training when filling out the form. Likely due to the fact the crusty old character behind the counter didn't want to have to deal with any problems the new regulations might create after the fact.
I completely agreed and brought the paperwork and certificate back to him the next day. Easy.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell