View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperMike View Post
I believe the ATA has some great ideas and plans. Such as the purchase of a registered trap line to be used for education purposes. This will give all who take the opportunity to spend some time on a real Trapline to understand why we as trappers love our chosen profession. Great for public relations.
I agree. Having new Trappers actually be on an RFMA is way better than sitting in a classroom. Imagine if there could be a number of RFMA’s throughout Alberta where people could take their Standard Trapping course? It’d be fantastic!

This is already being done right on traplines in Ontario and it doesn’t cost a cent to Trappers. There’s no need to inflate prices on anything in order to generate revenue that can be used to purchase RFMA’s. Once trained, instructors are able to negotiate the price of the course with the only stipulation that it doesn’t exceed $350. If you can work out a deal with the instructor you might even be able to have your 12 year old Son attend with you at no additional cost. Wouldn’t that be great for trapping in Alberta?

What do you think? Do you think that the ATA would ever give up control of their golden goose for the betterment of trapping in Alberta? After all, it’s all about doing what’s best for trapping in Alberta.......isn’t it?

Have a look at this and tell me why we shouldn’t do something like this in Alberta:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz1DsuEbWxI