View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk270 View Post
I am not in favour of racism and I don't appreciate being accused of it. I am in favour of the rule of law.

I don't think that you should have more rights over immigrants because you were born here. I do think that Indigenous rights exist in law in Canada.

Just because I don't agree with a law or a court decision doesn't mean I'm right and the law is wrong, although I certainly feel that way. That's what you are doing too, I think.

We need to stick to one law. No matter how upsetting it is, we can't just run the country according to what a few people think is right or wrong. However, we can work within the law to change things, maybe by passing new laws or by negotiations to reach new arrangements.

I put "settler" in quotation marks. If you remove them, I agree with you that neither of us are settlers. I never suggested that you were not Canadian.

I wish you could just discuss the issues in a civil fashion without resorting to name calling and accusations of BS. Guess not on this forum.

Name calling? What are you trying to do? It’s pretty clear I didn’t call anyone a name.

How long do you think you can hide behind the excuse that it was written in the treaty? The natives out there fishing lobster are just doing it to show they can abuse the rights from the treaties and have the courts back them up. The men and women who make their living off of lobster fishing while following the conservation laws are protesting because the natives are rubbing it in their face. Of course they’re upset.

It’s been said so many times it seems cliche but those treaties were written with a feather dipped in ink!!! So much has changed since 1800 and everyone knows it, how long are we all supposed to play dumb is my question? We both know right from wrong.