View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperdodge View Post
HD

I never suggested trappers should have years of university training. I said trappers are basically 'trade' organizations like lobster fisherman, lumberjacks and carpenters.

I have no narrative Dave. I was merely pointing out some of the advantages and pitfalls of self governance. I have no dog in this fight. I'm a member of the ATA but have never met any of the executive.

I think if you re-read my post I point out that any organization should resist the temptation to build empires.

Ultimately it is the business of trappers themselves to decide what kind of organization they want.

Trapping is facing difficult challenges. IMO having a united front to face these challenges would be a good thing.
Dave May have a nervous break down over this one he hasn't had a good rant an hair pulling in a while. I don’t know any more details than what’s posted here but I haven’t come up with any conclusion till I here from Bill an some directors on said subjects. Self governance is a ultimate goal with any industry, especially one that has some real haters against it. Southern Alberta Trappers Association has a meeting planed with Bill Ambercombie to find out actual facts an the direction the association has planed.