View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 09:32 AM

Wow....glad I'm not the only one....
Trip 1...3 day Bush trip rained hard for 36hrs straight....finally got out on the water and the dog clutch in my lower unit piled up. Paddled back to shore caught a few fish on the way and my wife lost her new $350 rod reel over the boat as we landed a fish.
Was on the fence about buying another boat before this so bit the bullet and picked one up.
Trip 2....back to the same bush lake to redeem ourselves and search for lost rod. 3 hour drive from home less then 10 minutes from the lake a wheel bearing goes on the trailer. Ripped it apart on the side of the road....race welded to spindle axle is no good. Leave boat on road....3 hour drive home get gooseneck and winch ....drive back load boat and trailer on gooseneck....got home with boat at 2:30am never even saw water.
Trip 3.....4 days at Dore lake. 6 hour drive....monsoon wind and rain the whole trip.....11 hours on the water in 4 days....3 fish caught and we did better then most.
Trip 4.....sturgeon in chilliwack.....slow slow day.....finally hooked into a real nice 8-9ft fish.....hour long fight to the bank and as soon as we beached the boat he decided to go for a run right into a bunch of dead fall and tree stumps. Had to cut him loose. We did redeem ourselves with two 7ft fish but lost the big one.

2 more planned trips yet so hopefully things turn around.