View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Whoa whoa whoa...... hold everything here.

You got shot???
Myself and my vehicle were struck by shot while loading my gear into the truck at a parking lot , at a pheasant release site. Luckily, the shooter was just far enough away, that the shot didn't break skin. I came over the hill to see three people , one walking towards me chasing a pheasant directly up the road towards the parking lot. Those three people were the only people in range that could have fired the shot, but none of us saw exactly who pulled the trigger, so I left my shotgun at the truck and walked over close enough to tell them that they had just shot into the parking lot that they had driven through through when they entered the release site. Realizing that without a witness to verify exactly who fired the shot, and given that nobody was injured, I decided not to call the RCMP. I told them that I was still deciding whether to call the RCMP, in the hopes that it would make them think about what they had done, so hopefully, they would think before shooting next time. That was during the first few days of the season, and I never saw them at any release site since, so it's quite possible, that they were afraid of running into me again.