View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Chuck, what species specifically has you bent out of shape? There seems to be a broad stroke of the brush over a minor detail of the the industry that has you upset. Obviously the whole system isn't broken, and like every other facet of the fish and wildlife in Alberta there is room for improvement.

I plan on being an outfitter in Alberta, and I plan on running a successful operation with both the support of the community and my clients.

Nothing is going to change about the fact that there is an outfitter in my zone, but hopefully we can all live happily together and input from residents is more than welcome. I've made it a point never to step on toes.
The biggest problem with the industry is APOS. When the organization that represents the industry allows comvicted poachers and convicted criminals to keep their allocations , and to continue to outfit after multiple convictions, that is far more than a minor detail. People that have been convicted of multiple violations have proven that they don't care about the regulations, the game populations, or the integrity of the industry itself, so they should have zero input as to how the industry is being run. And when APOS elects people that have been convicted of violations, to their executive, how can you expect the public to trust APOS, or the industry that they represent? If the industry expects the public to put any trust in them, they need to clean house, and start fresh, but they don't appear to be interested in doing that.