View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 11:47 AM

I know that it has been suggested not to go with the M700 SPS, but ill put my 25 cents in. I have bought a pile of SPS's the last couple years. Three are short action, three are long action. I pick them up when they go on sale, and can be had for a song. My youth 243 shoots very good with a upgraded B&C stock. I have a 30 06 that shoots very fine stock. The other 30 06 shot okay, with minimum load development. I ended up have it barreled, bedded, re stocked, and upgraded the trigger. Now it is very accurate. I had problems with the first 300 win mag sps. The mounting holes on the receiver were rough, and one actually stripped. That same rifle also did not extract very well. It shot an inch, but will be rebuilt into something else. I have a SPS varmint in 223 that shoots/feeds great. What i like about the M700 is the customization, and availability of parts. I have many M700s, not all sps. So im sitting on a good supply of parts that are interchangeable. All are left handed. My LTR in 308 is such a good shooter, and really neat rifle. Trigger tech triggers are my preferred trigger, but timney/Jewel make great triggers as well. If you like to tinker, and collect id say go with an SPS. They can be reworked, and upgraded over time. That said if you want one, and done go Tikka/browning.