View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 10:26 PM

A couple of years ago I went in for minor day surgery. I get "fatty tumors" which pose no health risk but can be a PITA. This day I was getting 5 removed from my upper thighs; 2 on the left and 3 on the right. The doctor was a young lady and she had a young male intern assisting. She explained that she would do the right leg while the intern did the left. I felt the needles for freezing several times on the right leg but nothing on the left. I assumed they decided to do the right first and then later the left. I then felt the pressure but no pain on the right leg, then I felt the pressure and intense burning pain on the left leg. I calmly looked up at the young intern and said "I don't think you froze my leg" His eyes went as big as saucers and he began to shake with the scalpel still in his hand. The doctor then said the most profound thing to the Intern "You are suppose to freeze the leg prior to operating." So the young intern grabs the freezing needle and at this point is shaking so bad it is ridiculous. I then think to myself "this gonna suck" and he proceeded to stick me with a shaking needle several times. The rest of the surgery went quite good but I never seen 2 people exit a room as fast the Doctor and Intern once the procedure was complete.