View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 10:53 AM
Banned

Default Chinese belvedere

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoifish98 View Post
Hey guys, I just picked up fishing last month here in Singapore, where I will live for the next year. I have been c&r fishing for mostly peacock bass,snakehead, gobies etc and I am finding fishing to be extremely fun.

1)I have a 6'6 light spinning rod (Pfleuger Trion) rated 4-8lb so when I come back to Calgary next year, I intend to fish with it. But my question is, will this rod be able to hold up to the fish or do I need to purchase a heavier rod?

2)Where is a good place to start lure fishing in or around Calgary? preferrably easily accessible as I am only 19 so my parents will restrict me from driving too far. (bow river, glenmore , chestermere lake)

3)Is fishing without a boat doable?

4)What sort of lures do trout and walleye go for? (Spinners and jerkbaits?)

5)Lastly, aside from the fishing license, what else do I need to make sure I avoid trouble with the cops?

I do know that ^ is a lot of questions but I hope you guys can help me out! Thank you!
1.) Any pole that gets the line in the water is fine

2.) All 3 you mentioned are a good start. I'd just find a stretch of the Bow that has some pockets and holes that you can walk the bank. Can't remember where it was, but there's a train crossing over the Bow in a residential area, that has some deep holes up and down the bank.

3.) Yes

4.) Leave the guns, drugs, and I hate cops t-shirt at home.

Goodluck