View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
You can't have it both way FC......we already have dogs being used for hunting with far less restriction than pack dogs would have......seems a pretty rational reaction to me.... Glad I made you laugh....that was my intention.....pointing out how rediculous opposing pack dogs is while utilizing hounds is good for a laugh no doubt.
It has been both ways forever in Alberta. For some reason it was decided that it was unreasonable to pursue big game animals with dogs in this province and that the easiest way to address enforcement would be to disallow hunters of big game from being accompanied by dogs. Should you want the law changed you can approach from one of two angles - change the perception that the use of dogs in big game hunting is wrong, or address the enforcement aspect in the determination of what does and does not constitute use of a dog for hunting so that it is easily and consistently interpreted by both those going afield and those doing the enforcement. Saying "I want to take my dog along because other people get to and MY dog will cause no harm" is certainly not the "big picture" and is hardly justification for a change to the law. IMO the bear aspect is a garden path.