View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Hoping Red Bullets has some new additions to the thread soon!
Thanks you for your comments Dewey and MountainTi. It inspires me to get back to posted tidbits. I hope to have some new tidbits posted in the coming days.

Just a short more recent tidbit to chew on....

Back in about 1980 a man named "Buck" and his wife saddled up their horses and one pack horse and started their ride north. Their ride started in Texas, USA. Buck and his wife took almost two years to ride to Alberta where they wintered 13 miles west of Leduc. They rented a very old farm house with no windows and fixed up one back room for the winter and built a small corral. They stayed for the winter and then hopped back on their horses to complete their journey. Another year of the saddles and Buck and his wife made it to Alaska. A 3 or 4 year ride. Sadly, after only a couple weeks in Alaska Buck passed away. I believe his wife stayed in Alaska. Buck was one of the true blue cowboys I met.

~~~
50 years ago I was fortunate enough to go with 26 other horseback riders and 3 chuckwagons and we rode from west of Leduc to near Rocky Mountain house and back. About 3 weeks of riding and camping along the way. I lucked out because this group of riders and wagons stopped to ask if they could camp on our farmyard for a night. My Dad told them they could if I could tag along. I had my own horse and gear so they agreed. A great memory for me.

Anyone else go on any long rides?
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets