View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 03:03 PM

Thought I would share some photos I have been coming across. These photos are part of the Glenbow Museum collections. A person can go to the galleries on this link.

https://www.glenbow.org/art-artifact...tion-overview/

These pictures were all related to hunting in Alberta a lifetime ago. Each picture has a short description of the event. Thought they were worthy of sharing and also hoping this is ok with the Glenbow.

* The Edson area surveyor's black bear looks pretty big. Nice mulie too.

*I love Mr. Goddard's wearable duck blind.

* Interesting that the eureka trappers had a good catch of lynx. The rabbit cycle was probably on a high that year or the year before.

** Interesting that the picture of the pronghorn pole was from 1909. Other history I've read indicated that from 1906 to 1913 the seasons and species allowed were extremely regulated so it makes me wonder. Also odd was just the head of a 6th doe pronghorn is hanging on the end of the frame. From 1906 to 1913 there wasn't an open season on buffalo, or the females of elk, moose, deer, antelope, sheep or the young of all big game.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets

Last edited by Red Bullets; 11-12-2021 at 03:14 PM.