View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
I would think that the only reason they are looking at a draw is because the 15% is or near to being met??? perhaps you can supply some real numbers , other than speculation???...there has been a helluva lot of Bow kills posted here, and good on the guys, but.......and the 75 yard comment was put in just because, as I've said...remarkable shot!!!...good on him.....don't get me into the debate now, how a bunch of new bowhunters didn't read that and are now flinging arrows at way past their practice range...I have killed 2 animals with Bow wounds with a rifle, and neither was anywhere near the kill zone...so we won't go there , okay???
I never went there at all, but you did, so lets go! If we are going to start counting how many deer each hunter as found with bow wounds as compared to rifle wounds you really aren't going to like the outcome. Do I need to start by talking about how many rifle shot animals I've found with shots nowhere near the kill zone? Because I'll tell you right now its a hell of a lot more than the number of deer I've found with arrows in their ass, which is a grand total of 1! Its a simple numbers game, one hell of a lot more bullets get flung at deer each year then arrows - therefore, based simply on math, one hell of a lot more deer are going to be wounded by bullets than arrows.

Your arguments just don't hold any water. They are considering a draw because the 15% is being met in some areas? Well no kidding, I already said that. I also said that if the 15% is being met then the season should go to draw. What about the areas (which is most areas) that it 15% is not being met? Bottom line, you guys are complaining about the length of the bow season, but can't provide a reason as to why it should be shortened outside of arguing that its not fair.

Ill qualify that my last statement was made with regards to areas where the 15% harvest is not being met.