View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teberle View Post
Well I'm certainly not the best person to answer this question, but presumably there's a balance to be struck. Here's a page that may be of interest:

https://www.taxtips.ca/smallbusiness...rates-2019.htm

As you can see, our former rate of 12% was basically on par with the lowest rates in the country (a couple provinces are half a point lower). Presumably if it makes sense otherwise to set up shop in Alberta, 12% would have been low enough to be competitive. By that way of thinking, 8% is much lower than necessary in order to be competitive with other provinces.

Since you asked, I'll tell you that personally, I would not object to having my taxes increased, if it was necessary to improve or maintain the level of services. Under the circumstances, I would strongly prefer that to the current government's chosen course of action.
It has nothing to do with being competitive in our “great” nation. Look a little to the south. That’s where private corps are going.

For all the resources and industries we have in Canada: Ag/oil/soft wood/mining/fisheries/tourism/ the list is miles long- we sure have a lousy economy. We should be the wealthiest nation on earth. We are a joke. We are our worst enemy. I love being Canadian however, it’s frustrating to see her cannibalize herself. Red tape and globalist thinking is getting us nowhere- fast.