View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 10:10 PM

Here's what I think many people are missing in this discussion. In the end, there is only one taxpayer. That is the end user of a product. If you increase the taxes on corps, they just raise the prices of the products to accommodate plus a padding to make sure that they continue on the same profit margins.

Another thing missing from this discussion is that lower corporate tax rates create a better foreign investment climate. Foreign investment in companies and projects is what gets many projects that create real jobs off the ground. In reality, Alberta is not competing with the rest of Canada about a tax rate. We're at least competing with the rest of North America, especially other US states, if not the rest of the world.

When you have an unstable political climate, you have to offer better incentives to get foreign investment. Due to the federal government, there is a very unstable political climate.

Here's a copy of a post from George Clark about that:

Quote:
FOREIGN INVESTMENT CAPITAL ISN'T COMING INTO ALBERTA. AND EVEN WORSE, IT'S ALSO LEAVING AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!

I had a teleconference this afternoon with a capital investment manager who is the Alberta based representative of a $300+ Billion Dollar Global fund.

They are ready to make some major longterm investments with a couple of our proposed projects. But they threw a twist at us.

Basically they are asking if we would consider basing our operations in the USA for the next 4 years! When I asked what concerned them the most, they said that the federal purchase & ownership of TMX has their principal concerned that Canada is headed towards the nationalization of major industries! He thinks that our talented Alberta management team would be welcomed in the USA and he could fund us without hesitation if we take our talent, technology and equipment south!

ffs, I am growing weary of receiving such pessimistic outlooks for Alberta. I know we live in a highly MOBILE society but I still want to survive & thrive right here at home! I don't want to go create a bunch of employment down in the States, I want my efforts to benefit the hurting Albertans that are currently experiencing the grief & hardships that I personally went thru a few times myself!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's going to be up to us Albertans to direct our collective $750 Billion Dollars worth of savings back into Alberta. Our UCP government is going to have to put in some very Alberta-centric Tax Incentives for Albertans to start funding ourselves! Providing RRSP & TFSA tax deductions to have us send our money to the Big Five Eastern Canada Banks who refuse to invest hardly any of it back here HAS TO END!

Alberta unrest has always ended up being directed back at the Big Banks, this time around it won't be any different. They are responsible for shutting us down, this time using our Alberta money to do it while offering Quebec, Atlantic Canada, Southwest BC and the GTA as much of our savings as they can handle!

And before the Separatists jump at this, keep in mind that Alberta doesn't have to separate to fix this. Albertans with just a bit of encouragement from the UCP government can do this in just a few weeks. In a way that would see at least $100B of our savings flood back into Alberta in 2020!

George Clark, Founder
Albertans First Patriots