View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 01:26 PM

I don't think they will for sure change the game. However, some difference will be in the chambering/bullet choice for marginal shots. For example....

1. Medium white tail buck shot in the brisket with 7mag, 168 better hinting VLD at 85 meters. We finally tracked him down and finished him off 7 miles later.. same shot with a Nosler Partition would have ended the chase much sooner.

2. 308 on a hard quartered elk or moose. May have to pad up shot. 300 win mag with properly sized premium bullet, still not a questionable shot.

3. Here is one experience of to "hard" of bullet. Whitetail buck large facing straight away about 350 meters. Shot a bit below the vent, 300 win mag with 180 TSX. Bullet penetrated one lung and we finally found him. But it was a long tracking process. I think that the situation would have been much different with the shock factor from a partition type bullet and put him down sooner.

4. Caliber choice. I have been luck enough to try many different calibers over the years. Some are definite hard hitters. 338 federal and 338-06 would surprise most people of their effectiveness.

Not all above animals were taken by me, but I've had the joy of a few rodeos out there.