View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 02:16 PM

Default hello

Hi everyone, been on here a bit but thought I would introduce myself as well, 4th generation Alberta boy, family homesteaded Dickson West of Glennifer Dam and Standard NE of Calgary, Did time in the Infantry and spent 10 years living in Africa, mainly operating in the East for the UN and Government /Commercial operations, also a professional pilot so flew operations in Africa, and managed projects in Lebanon, Iraq, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Pakistan, for USA and Canuck Governments,returned home to Calgary and built a 500 barrel per day oil production company, got clobbered in downturn last year and now refocused on Africa for energy services, security operations, Impact investments, etc. Did some bush hunting in Africa, not on a paid safari but during operations when meat was needed for camp, relatively new to hunting in Canada, learned from family and friends here, but go solo eastern foothills backpack hunting for whitetail, Elk, and love grouse hunting, and learning all the time, very humbling pastime!! According to my hunting colleagues to date, they will never let me eat deer jerky in camp again owing to the odiferous resultant off-gassing that launched guys out of tent and into snow...all night...hence why i solo!!