View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 01:28 PM

Great post. One thing that may be worth mentioning during sizing.
If you use too much lubricant the outside case wall will "dent". Use just enough that the cases will size without much resistance. Good idea to invest in a stuck case remover set just in case (I've been loading 35+ years and only had this happen once. Used the wrong shell holder). Cases is still useable (unless you have a moon crater) but I would suggest using it for minimum loads (you don't want to un-necessarily add pressure a max load). Dent will blow out during the firing process.
After wiping off the case after sizing some will tumble the brass which cleans the cases and makes it easier to spot possible case problems. I will use case neck brushes to clean the inside of the case neck. It allows better adhesion when seating the bullet. I also use primer pocket brushes to clean the primer pocket. This allows for better primer ignition. Depending on tumbling media used you will need to check the primer pocket to see if any media is blocking the flash hole.
Some will get themselves a flash hole deburring tool to remove any burrs from the flash hole inside the case during the manufacturing process. You can get a universal flash hole deburring tool and then all you will need are the pilot stops.
John 3:16
Firearms Owners are the difference between FREEDOM & TYRANNY!
Gun Control is Population Control