View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 09:40 PM

Default Advice please?

okay, so this is my first post, and i'm doing it because I've read in the "Crown land2 thread how helpful all you guys are.
I hit land here in AB at the end of August, yes another B. foriegner!
Now I have a love of fishing shooting and the great outdoors.
I started off with an albino ferret hunting rabbits with purse nets in the west of Scotland, then went on to shotguns, and finaly rifles.
so i took a couple of weeks to find a house, then wait until all my stuff arrived from Scotland. Jeez I'd spent days cleaning and disinfecting all my gear, clthing, boots etc. I sold my guns 'cause the Customs were to heavy.
figured I'd apply for my tickets and buy new here.
right i'm coming to the point now.
When my rods arrived i went to Canadian tie and bought my licence and WIN card. reading the WIN application I ticked the box for having completed an out of state hunters course, this was due to having in 2003 studied for, sat, and passed the Red deer societies Deer stalkers certificate.
This consisted of written and oral examination as well as firearms safety and an accuracy test on a fallow deer (smaller than any canadian deer i've seen)target at 100yds.
Question is will this be acceptable?
On the plus side 7 brook trout caught and released in Horse Creek west of Cochrane on 28/10, Just inside the season, but a lovely way to finish
Thanks,
Jim