View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReed View Post
Used to be out of the curiosity of trying new beers and spirits when all these craft breweries and distilleries started popping up. That was when a craft beer 6 pack was around $12

Now that it’s $15/$16 a 6-pack for average craft beers, I’ve gone back to drinking cheaper beers like AGD or Bow Valley lager, which are half the price and almost just as good.

With the price jumps/liqour tax increase every few months, i’ll sacrifice a little taste to save a lot of money. This province is getting crazy already.

Go any other place in the world like the states, mexico, and other third world countries and the beer is cheaper than the water. Except in Canada, why is that?
^Now there's some clear drinking.... I mean thinking....

I have my favorite Rum (Captain Morgan Private Stock) that I will search for the best price. Costco's Kirkland rum is a near 2nd (based on price alone). I've been trying different flavored Ryes (Crown Vanilla, Honey, Northern Rye) but the basic Crown Royal Rye is still a sure-to-be standby. Have never had a taste for Vodka or Gin, and would rather clean paint brushes with Scotch than drink it. My son brings home a nice Tequila now and then - but it's too expensive for the Margaritaville maker.

As for beer, I like the Innes & Gunn Rum finished, but it's pricey. Most of the "craft" beer are way too pricey for my meager wallet, so I'll by the value priced beer - you only taste the first 1 or 2 anyway????

J.